OF THE CARDIAC SURGERY PROCEDURES PERFORMED IN THE UNIVERSITY
CLINICAL CENTRE IN SARAJEVO, IN THE PERIOD OCTOBER 1998 -
I. Haxhibequir-Karabdić, V. Velebit, J. Maurice, I. Pezo,
H. Vila, S. Pandur, F. Kučukalić, M. Kulić and E. Đonlić
Surgery Clinic, Clinical Center University of Sarajevo, Bosnia
The Clinic of Cardiac Surgery within the Clinical
Centre of the University of Sarajevo has started to function in
October 1998. Since then 456 cardiosurgical procedures were performed.
Out of that, 369 operations were carried out on adults (60% of
men and 40% of women, mean age was 50 years) and 87 on children.
On adults we performed the following surgical procedures: CABG168
- Mitral valve replacement 50 (11%)
- Mitral comissurotomy 3 (0,7%)
- Mitral annuloplasty 7 (1,6%)
- Tricuspid valve repair 8 (1,8%)
- Aortic valve replacemen 66 (14,5%)
- Double valve replacement 11 (2,4%)
- Congenital anomaly in adults 29 (6,4%)
- Bentall procedure 3 (0,7%)
- Tirone David procedure 3 (0,7%)
- Myxoma 2 (0,4%)
- Pericardial drainage 10 (2,2%)
Twenty adult patients were reoperated, most of
them had been previously operated in other cardiosurgical centre.
Out of the total of 456, 434 patients recovered and they were
discharged while 22 (4,82%) died.